Menu For The Atlantic Grillon July 6, 2011
As the executive chef at the Table Bay’s Atlantic Grill Restaurant, I have the honour and duty of creating the most delectable dishes for our guests to enjoy. Winter is an especially interesting time as we do tend to want to eat more in the colder months. For this reason, the menu has been geared towards complete indulgence, using simple food that has been created really well.
Warming Our Appetites
Our Chocolate High Tea is still on the menu for the winter months, giving those with a sweet tooth the opportunity to comfort themselves with some cakes and tortes. We have a host of delicious wines available, specially chosen by our resident sommelier, Dominic Bowers, to warm even the coldest days and nights, including Taittinger Brut Champagne available at only R99.00 per glass.
What’s On The Menu?
When it comes to the evenings, there is a brand new arrangement of incredible food on the menu that is set to enrapture our guests with captivating flavour. Below are some of the items that one can expect, but for a full arrangement of what’s available, I recommend you come in and see for yourself.
- “The perfect prawn cocktail” is a classic prawn cocktail with mary rose sauce, salad of Limpopo avocado and mint with blinis and beluga caviar.
- Chicken and gorgonzola; a breaded prosciutto filled supreme of chicken, cremelat gorgonzola with curried pickled red onion and candied celery salad.
- The classic steamed mussels in pierre jourdan brut with garlic, parsley and baby fennel bulb, served with warm crusty bread.
- Crispy quail; de-boned quail crumbed served with caramelized red onion, bulgur wheat salad and lentil stew
- Paarl duck Carpaccio, thinly sliced with pistachio cream and black truffle pearls
- Tuna tartar; a galette of tuna tartar with green onion and asparagus, wasago caviar, green beans, new potato, egg mascarpone and shallot dressing.
- Calamari tempura is a crispy tempura of calamari steak with white wine, saffron and pea risotto, served with a light pickled caper dressing.
- Sunburst salad; vegetarian option, a classic selection of the finest lettuce and vegetables with enoki mushrooms, served with balsamic and mustard dressing.
Some warm Winter soups?
- Mussel chowder; a steamed black beard mussel chowder with smoked onion, carrot and new potato.
- Seafood broth made of a hearty broth of prawns, clams, mussels, scallops, cob and crab meat served with warm crusty bread.
- Cape butternut soup; vegetarian option, caramelised butternut soup with pumpkin seed sour dough bread.
The Chef’s Selection
- Seafood platter for 1, 2, 3 or 4 persons; king tiger prawns, west coast crayfish, tempura of soft shell crab, stir fry of baby calamari, steamed black mussels and line fish served with savoury pilaf rice, seasonal vegetables, garlic butter and chilli cream.
- Yellow fin tuna, pan roasted tuna with eggplant puree, roasted bell pepper and corn pepperonata.
- Seared line fish of the day served on a spring onion orzo pasta, green beans and warm sauce vierge.
- Wild game – please ask waiter for game selection – chefs’ meat selection straight from the hunter served with slow roasted shallot purée, beetroot chutney, tempura of spring vegetables with red wine and juniper berry reduction.
- Two way duck; a confit of duck risotto, crispy seared breast of duck with green asparagus, warm baby beetroot and orange salad.
- Pork chop and belly, pan seared pork rack chop, stewed pork belly with navy beans, buttered mash potato, apple confit and grain mustard jus.
- Springbok Wellington made of springbok loin, truffled wild mushroom puree between puff pastry layers served with baby carrots, pearl onion, baby parsnips and edamame beans, juniper berry jus.
- Lamb rack and rib, sliced slow cooked rack of Karoo lamb served on a braised ragout of deboned lamb rib with butternut, spinach, cabbage and pear, pesto potato puree.
- Chateaubriand for 2; a peppered beef tenderloin with braised endive, sautéed wild mushrooms and dauphinoise potatoes, parsley butter and béarnaise sauce.
- Stuffed chicken breast, roasted free range chicken breast stuffed with mustard mushrooms, creamed slow braised chicken cous cous with pearl onions and fine green beans.
- Grilled vegetable tart; vegetarian option, baked seasonal grilled vegetables on a potato rosti with olive pesto and pumpkin seed relish.
- Mushroom risotto; vegetarian option, a selection of imported mushrooms sautéed and cooked with risotto, finished with crème fraiche, parmesan and truffle butter.
There are also a number of grills available from grilled sirloin or rump to grilled rack of lamb or Norwegian salmon. And then there is the dessert menu, but that is something that you will have to come in to explore.
Make a booking at The Atlantic Grill Restaurant today.
If you want to really indulge, why not book you and your special loved one the Spa & Dinner package. Treat yourself and your partner to an hour long massage at Camelot Spa for R700 (normally R1,020) and a 3-course dinner for 2 in either the Atlantic Grill or the Conservatory restaurant. Book Now or alternatively contact us on +27 21406 5918