Book For The Table Bay Cycle Tour Eventson February 17, 2011
More About The Cycle Tour
The Cycle Tour is the pinnacle of the South African cycling calendar and has over 35 000 cyclists from around the world traversing 109km of gruelling terrain. The route takes the contenders on a scenic trip around the Cape Peninsula, offering stunning sights of the beautiful Fynbos and natural landscape. Thousands of spectators flock to Cape Town to enjoy the excitement of this annual occurrence, and the Table Bay Hotel is ready to welcome a large portion of them.
What Have We Got Planned?
On Friday 11 March, we will be hosting a delectable dinner with the team at The Atlantic Grill Restaurant in Cape Town. For only R215 per person, you can rub shoulders with Team Bonitas Medscheme as you treat yourself to an unforgettable meal laid out by our executive chef, Dallas Orr.
If you feel like attending an event that is a little less formal and a bit more social, make sure you book for the post-race cocktail party that is taking place on Sunday 13 March. Tickets are R150 per person and we are positive there will be a fantastic vibe emanating throughout the hotel once the pressure of the race is off.
What’s On The Dinner Menu?
In keeping with the nutritional requirements of the Cycle Tour athletes, Dallas Orr has designed a carbo-loading dinner menu for Friday night, with ingredients that encompass a wide range of complex carbohydrates, while steering clear of foods replete with saturated fats.
Starters: A variety of fresh salads with exotic sauces will be served:
- House cured salmon with soba noodle, cucumber and seaweed salad served with a fresh coriander and Ikura egg mimosa sauce.
- Exotic mushroom salad with white bean sprout and coriander and raspberry balsamic vinegar reduction.
Main Course: There are four main courses to choose from that are packed with delicious complex carbohydrates and plenty of protein, such as:
- Sweet potato gnocchi with fresh garden peas, ginger bread and blue cheese crumble.
- Lemon grass and citrus poached line fish with asparagus, edamame beans and baby spinach, soya and mirin glaze and fresh watercress.
- Roast chicken, mushroom, roasted pepper, vine tomatoes and conchiglioni tossed with fresh basil and topped with parmesan cheese gratin.
- Grilled beef fillet with sun blushed roma tomatoes, fine beans and jus.
Fresh Pasta: Guests can make their selection from a choice of conchiglioni, linguine or farfalle pasta, and then take pleasure in creating your own sauce with delectable ingredients such as: parmesan cream, tomato passata, truffled mushrooms, roast garlic, grilled peppers, grilled zucchini, fresh baby tomatoes, smoked bacon, oven roast chicken, fresh line fish, mussels, shrimps, calamari and many other tempting options.
Dessert: The dessert course has been cleverly created to satisfy the sweet tooth while remaining abundant in natural sugars and protein.
- Soy milk pannacotta with vanilla poached peaches and blackberries.
- Fresh fruit platters.
- Brown and wild rice pudding with fresh orange segments, orange blossom water and toasted pistachios.
- Delicious Macadamia nut brownies.
What’s On The Cocktail Menu?
Guests attending the Sunday night post-race cocktail party can expect a host of divine canapés and edibles, such as:
- Oatmeal pancakes with teriyaki glazed smoked salmon.
- Watercress and cucumber samoosas with hummus and pepperdew stuffing.
- Baby calzone of chicken, artichoke and bell peppers, and green asparagus risotto balls with parmesan.
- Dessert is a tropical mango rice pudding.
Book your seat today by calling 021 406 5000 and quote the name of the relevant event that you would like to attend.
Call now as space is limited!