Sauce Recipe Of The Week: Chasseur Sauceon June 2, 2011
Sauces provide me with so much joy when cooking. As Executive Chef for The Atlantic Grill Restaurant, I often have time to explore the myriad flavours available to me in my kitchen and herb garden. I use all the natural ingredients that I can to create some delectable sauces that are the perfect accompaniment to a luxurious meal. Every week I will be posting a Sauce recipe for you all to enjoy.
This week’s recipe is for Chasseur Sauce.
• 6 medium mushrooms
• 15g (½oz) butter
• 25g (1oz) shallots
• 300ml (½ pint) white wine
• 300ml (½ pint) stock
• 150ml (¼ pint) tomato sauce
• 2 tbsp brandy
• 1 tbsp parsley
1. Finely chop or mince the mushrooms and shallots
2. Place the butter in a saucepan and add the shallots, fry gently for 2 minutes
3. Add the mushrooms and fry until lightly browned
4. Add the wine, stock, tomato sauce and brandy, bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes
5. Add the chopped parsley before serving
Chasseur sauce was traditionally served with game meats and wild fowl. You can get creative and see what dishes you find it to be suitable with. Enjoy!