My Week with Marilynon February 13, 2012
My Week with Marilyn is a British biographical film starring Michelle Williams, Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne and Emma Watson, to name but a few. The film is based on two books by Colin Clark, depicting the making of the 1957 film, The Prince and the Showgirl, which starred Marilyn Monroe (Williams) and Laurence Olivier (Brandagh). The movie looks at Monroe’s week being escorted around Britain by Clark (Redmayne), aher husband, Arthur Miller (Scott), left the country.
The principal photography started in 2010 and filming took place at Saltwood Castle, White Waltham Airfield and on other locations around London. My Week with Marilyn had its world premiere at the New York Film Festival. Williams was awarded the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture for her portrayal of Monroe.
Cavendish Ster-Kinekor is previewing My Week with Marilyn on Thursday 16 February 2012 and 10 lucky winners and their partners will join us! The night of 1950s glamour will begin at the Cinema Nouveau with an elegant cocktail function and continue at 20h00 with a preview of the 2011 film in Cinema 1.
Sun International is offering our Twitter followers the chance to win a set of tickets to indulge in a night of glamour! All you need to do is follow Million Thrills at www.twitter.com/millionthrills and retweet the relevant tweets to stand a chance of attending the preview of My Week with Marilyn.
Winners will be announced on Twitter!
Terms and Conditions
1. The prize includes two tickets to the screening of “A week with Marilyn” on Thursday, 16 February 2012 at 20:00 at Ster Kinekor at Cavendish Square
2. In order to qualify for the prize, you need to retweet the relevant tweets
3. The competition closes on Tuesday 14 February 2012 at 12 and the winners will be announced on the official Sun International Twitter account (www.twitter.com/millionthrills) during the day on Monday, 13 February and Tuesday, 14 February
4. The winner must be prepared to consent to the use of their photographs in promotional material.
5. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner must be 18 years or older.
7. The prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
8. The competition is open to residents of South Africa only.
9. No member/employee/sub-contractor/partner/agent/service provider/concessionaire and the like of Sun International Management Limited and/or any of their affiliated companies, and/or agencies, and/or members of their immediate family; nor members of the sponsors of any competition listed on this page, and/or any of their affiliated companies and/or agencies, and/or members of their immediate family may enter the competition.