Weekly Sauce Recipe: Perigourdine Sauceon June 9, 2011
Welcome to another recipe edition and one more delicious weekly sauce recipe. In case you didn’t know, I’m Dallas Orr, the Executive Chef for The Atlantic Grill Restaurant at the beautiful Table Bay Hotel. I get to make this sumptuous sauce all the time and it is great when paired with beef dishes such as Beef Wellington.
- 2 cups reduced veal stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 fresh black truffle, approximately 1 inch in diameter, washed, peeled, very thinly sliced, or 1 canned truffle, very thinly sliced, or 2 tbsp truffle peelings
- 4 oz cold fresh goose or duck liver, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- ½ cup dry Madeira wine
- Place the veal stock in a small sauce pan and warm gently over medium heat, set aside
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the truffle slices to the pan and gently cook for 1 minute. Add the liver, salt and pepper; swirl the pan, and cook for 45 seconds
- Add the Madeira, increasing the heat to medium-high and stirring to deglaze the pan, and cook for 2 minutes to slightly reduce the volume
- Add the veal stock, stirring well to incorporate, cook over low heat until warmed through, approximately 30 seconds
Stay tuned to the Table Bay Blog for our Weekly Sauce Recipe.