South African Tenor, James Bhemgee chosen to perform with André Rieuon March 9, 2011
Tenor and former street sweeper, James Bhemgee, has been chosen to perform with André Rieu during his upcoming SA Tour. Bhemgee, the winner of a popular local television talent show, caught the world’s attention with his incredible voice and rags to riches story, as well as the ear of the biggest touring classical artist in the world, André Rieu.
A true South African success story, James Bhemgee will have the opportunity to perform on stage with some of the best classical musicians in the world during André Rieu’s nationwide Tour this March. Bhemgee who hails from Mitchell’s Plain in Cape Town, was invited to Maastricht to rehearse with André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra and had this to say upon his return: “I am so honoured to have been chosen by André to perform with him and his orchestra. We had such a lovely time rehearsing in Holland and all I can say is that the South African audiences will be blown away by the concerts. All of this is truly a dream come true for me!”
Having topped the tour rankings with his sold out SA Tour last year, the Dutch violinist and conductor’s magnificent grand-scale production will once again feature his Johann Strauss Orchestra, choir and soloists, as well as SA’s nightingale, Kimmy Skota, who stole the hearts of everyone during her incredible performances last year.
With multi-platinum status, André Rieu has over 30 million albums globally, and has broken all classical concert records, packing stadiums with over 700,000 adoring fans each year. He has sold over 300,000 DVD’s in South Africa alone, earning him a special place in South Africans hearts and minds and truly being one of contemporary musical geniuses. A musical phenomenon, André Rieu is unlike anything else in the entertainment world. His audience members are known to jump to their feet and dance in the aisles at his unparalleled music spectaculars. Now with added South African flavour, this is a concert that is definitely not to be missed.
Book now at Computicket (www.computicket.com or 083 915 8000) to avoid disappointment. Tickets range from R400 – R1,050.
Grand Arena, Grand West, Cape Town:
Fri, 11 March 2011 at 8pm, Sat, 12 March 2011 at 8pm, Sun, 13 March 2011 at 6pm
Friday, 18 March 2011 at 8h30pm, Saturday, 19 March 2011 at 7pm, Sunday, 20 March 2011 at 7pm
Wednesday, 23 March 2011 at 8pm
WIN WITH @MILLION THRILLS ON TWITTER!
To win tickets to see Andre Rieu, retweet the following message:
“Cape Town Andre Rieu Giveaway. RT this & tell us which SA Tenor has been chosen to perform with Andre! http://bit.ly/dEJwXX @MillionThrills”
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition closes on Friday, 11 March 2011 at 3pm.
- The winner will be announced on Twitter – @millionthrills on Friday, 11 March 2011 at 3pm
- The prizes include 2 tickets to see Andre Rieu live at the Grand Arena in Cape Town on Sunday, 13 March 2011
- Tickets will allocated at the discretion of the judges
- The winner will have to consent to use of their photographs in promotional material.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner must be 18 years or older.
- Tickets will have to be collected from the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town before the start of the show.
- The prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- The competition is open to residents of South Africa only.
- Transport to and from the event is for the winner’s account.
- No member/employee of Sun International Management Limited and/or any of their affiliated companies, and/or agencies, and/or members of their immediate family; nor members of the sponsors of any competition listed on this page, and/or any of their affiliated companies and/or agencies, and/or members of their immediate family may enter the competition.