Vodacom Funny Festivalon June 17, 2010
The award-winning Vodacom Funny Festival is back and rolls into Cape Town this winter! Affectionately known as Cape Town’s premier comedy festival and “Cape Town’s Winter Tonic”, this spectacular event opens on 7 June and runs for 5 weeks through to 11 July at the Baxter Theatre and is guaranteed to leave the audience in stitches of laughter! The hugely popular Cape Town comedy festival was awarded Official Event status by Cape Town’s tourism authorities, and now carries the insignia of the Cape of Great Events. It is the only comedy project in the city to have been awarded this accolade.
The event showcases the finest comedic talent South Africa has to offer and is a must-see for those who enjoy stand-up comedy and are looking for a hilarious night out. The acclaimed production also showcases a range of international performers as well as provides a platform for up-and-coming talent to show what they are made of.
On the local front, the 6th Vodacom Funny Festival will see the likes of Tumi Morake, Ndumiso Lindi, Riaad Moosa, Alan Committee, Al Prodgers and Nik Rabinowitz take to the stage.
International performers will grace our shores and cause plenty of laughs! They include:
- Brilliant UK ventriloquist, Paul Zerdin, one of the top artists in his field in the world
- The musical comedy genius of The Raymond and Mr Timpkins Revue from London (7-28 June).
- The zany “Spanish Testosterone King”, Paul Morocco from the US (24 June – 7 July).
- Freddie Mercury’s alter ago – Mario: Queen of the Circus (29 June – 11 July), who returns directly from a full-house run with the popular show La Clique, which has been running to full houses for months on end in Paris and London.
- The effervescent presence of Craig Hill from Scotland (22 June – 11 July).